Saturday, February 12

February=Love: the 12th-a musical love

February=Love: the 12th-a musical love
The Dixie Chicks
Yes...you read that right.
I LOVE the Dixie Chicks.
Ever since my friend Jessi K played Goodbye Earl for me.
She knew I didn't love country, but assured me I would love the song.
And as usual, she was right.
I thought it was hilarious and my love for the Dixie Chicks was born.
I love so many of their songs.
Goodbye Earl
Cowboy Take Me Away
(because it reminds me of Jessi AND it's a good song)
Traveling Soldier
(because it reminds me of my brother AND it's a good song)
Top of the World
Taking the Long Way
I Believe in Love
Easy Silence
Everybody Knows
Bitter End
You Were Mine
And many more...
in fact I don't think there is a Dixie Chicks song that I wouldn't enjoy listening to.

But my one of my favorites is
Not Ready to Make Nice
I love the video
and the live Grammy performance
and I love why they wrote it.
One of my favorite documentaries is Shut Up and Sing.
I would like to have posted both the Grammy performance and the video...
but alas, copyright does not allow me to post a good quality video of their Grammy performance. So click here to see it.
And watch the music video below.



And if you miss the talent of the Dixie Chicks like I do...
check out Courtyard Hounds.

And while you're at it...
check out Dan Wilson
of Semisonic fame
of Hotel Cafe Tour fame
and co-writer of many of the Chick's songs with the Chicks themselves.

No comments: