Thursday, February 10

February=Love: the 10th

February 10th:
my Super Brooke quilt

This quilt was a Christmas present.
Christmas of '99.
It is by far and away one of the best gifts I've ever received.
It is currently keeping me warm as I type.

There so much to say about this quilt.
 It means so much to me.
But I will spare you from sentimentality and memory lane.
Not to mention I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I will, however, say this. 
It was a group effort on the part of Rebecca Louise Fischer and her mother and sisters.
I have a photograph (not scanned unfortunately) of Bec and her sisters and their sore fingers.
The quilt was HAND STITCHED.
I think saying that it was made with love probably says it all.
It's getting a bit thrashed because of the serious use it has gotten.
but it's be thrashed with deep and abiding love.
I suppose I could just display it.  
But why?
It's useful and I love it.

Here is the center of the quilt.
Every superhero needs an emblem.
We can see some of the wear and tear on the emblem.
Worn and torn with love.


If you look closely you can see around the edges where the name "Super Brooke" has been embroidered.
That was done with a machine...
a freaking AWESOME machine!
But other than that...
ALL. HAND. STITCHED.

Here is it.
Not on display for you, but actually on my bed.
See those lines bursting from the emblem?
Yeah, ALL. HAND. STITCHED.

That is some serious love right there.

No comments: