Monday, February 28

February=Love: the 28th

(so I really did want to post this on the 28th...but I guess I am struggling with the scheduling feature of blogspot)

February=Love: the 28th
It is the last day of the month.
There are so many things still to write about.
I could make a blanket statement...
say that I love my life.
Which I indeed do.
I could say that I love that I have the ability to feel love.
It is probably the best motivation that I have in my life...
loving those around me, wanting the very best for them...
does it get any better than that?


But I think what I will end with is my lifetime love affair with reading.
I love to read.
I love books.
Many, many different books.
From different authors.
different time periods.
different genres.

I've rarely met a book that I didn't love.
and I can't really say that I've met any books that I didn't at least like.
I think that almost always you can find something worthwhile in a story...
some life lesson.

some of my most beloved...

The Power of One
Bryce Coutenay

The Great Divorce
The Four Loves
A Problem of Pain
A Grief Observed
The Screwtape Letters
C.S. Lewis


Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Matilda
Boy
Going Solo
Roald Dahl

The Little Prince
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Jonathan Livingston Seagull
Richard Bach

Written on the Body
Jeanette Winterson

The Old Man and the Sea
Ernest Hemingway


The Giving Tree
Shel Silverstein

There's a Wocket in my Pocket
The Cat in the Hat
Horton Hears a Who
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
The Lorax
Dr. Seuss

The Velveteen Rabbit
Margery Williams

Brave New World
Aldous Huxley

Animal Farm
George Orwell

Hamlet
Williams Shakespeare

The Princess Bride
William Goldman
(of course this is the version which Goldman abridged from S. Morgenstern's classic tale of true love and high adventure)

To Kill a Mockingbird
Harper Lee
(to be read every four or five years)

The Boxcar Children
Gertrude Chandler Warner

Night of the Twisters
Ivy Ruckman

The Grapes of Wrath
John Steinbeck

The Book of Jonah
Jonah the prophet

The Book of Ether
an account of the brother of Jared and his family abridged by Moroni

My Name is Asher Lev
Chaim Potok

Hiroshima
John Hersey





And truly...this list is never ending...

but I will stop now.

I hope you had a lovely February.

I think that March shall be March Music Madness
a little b-ball
and some tunes!

2 comments:

Jannifer said...

Grapes of Wrath is one of my all time favorites. :) I really like East of Eden as well. You have lots of great ones on your list!

Anonymous said...

Karen Millen Outlet Other lines of insurance Grange carries are:LifeMotorcycleCondoOther insurance coverage Potential policyholders and consumers will find Grange homeowners insurance almost anywhere in the Eastern United States. sac louis vuitton